The DNA Vaccine Society will offer a limited set of competitive scholarships of up to $600 to students or post-docs from accredited institutions. These scholarships are to be used to help defray the expenses associated with conference attendance, including registration, air (on a U.S. air carrier), ground transportation and lodging costs. Receipts will be required to receive reimbursement.
Abstracts submitted for poster/oral presentation will be used as the basis for awarding the scholarships. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the quality of science of the abstract and the relevance of the abstract to the conference topic. Only one application per abstract is accepted. Only one award per lab will be allocated.
Criteria for Abstract Review
- Relevance to the meeting topic
- Significance of the scientific question and results
- Organization (e.g. the abstract has a clear beginning, middle
- Grammar and spelling
- Clarity of scientific presentations
- Clear question or hypothesis
- Sufficient background
- the experimental approach and rationale for the approach are clear
- The results are clearly presented
- The interpretation and conclusions are reasonable and logical